- 14 lb whole turkey cleaned
- 10 oz. Carrots
- 10 oz. Onion
- 10 oz. celery
- Organic Saffron and Orange Aioli
- Fresh sage
- Fresh tarragon
- Salt & pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Butcher’s twine
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF
- Salt and pepper entire bird, inside and out
- In a bowl place the chopped vegetables and herbs, and mix with a spoonful of olive oil, a tablespoon of Aioli and blend well.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan and place several spoonfuls of the vegetable mix inside the cavity of the turkey, and the remaining vegetables spread around the base of the roasting pan.
- Spoon the Garlic Aioli on the turkey and rub the entire bird with aioli until it is completely coated, every fold under the wings, etc.
- Fill the pan with about 1/2 inch of stock or water
- Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 1h45m, make sure the vegetables don’t dry out, add stock or water if necessary, so there is liquid to use in the gravy.
- After the first 1h45m, rotate the roasting pan 180-degrees and cook, still covered, for another 40 minutes
- Remove aluminum and continue to cook for another 40 minutes, until turkey is golden on all sides, and a meat thermometer reads 165ºF in the breast or 180ºF in the thigh.
- Remove from oven and set aside 5-10 minutes before carving
- Save all the liquid from the roasting pan for the gravy
- Carve and serve hot.
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.