The avocado toast has quickly become a mainstay on menus as well as a go to 2-minute dish at home. The creamy avocado paired with a crusty bread is the perfect contrasting canvas to which the flavor combinations and ingredients are almost infinite. The dish is simple and healthy, works great as a healthy way to start the day at breakfast, or a light lunch when we’re on the go.
In this Mediterranean-inspired variation we spread our Organic Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Rosso, raw red onion, and fresh basil. The taste sensation is a creamy Brushcetta. Both of these Delicious & Sons products are organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free.
- 1 slice crusty bread or gluten-free bread, cut 1-inch thick.
- ½ avocado sliced
- 1 tbsp. Delicious & Sons Sun- Dried Tomato Pesto Rosso (Buy now!)
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Toast bread if not crusty, or as is if fresh
- Spread pesto rosso on bread
- Cover with sliced avocado
- Then red onion slices
- Decorate with a few leaves of basil
- Salt to taste