- Cedar plank
- 2lb fresh Halibut, Dorado or another white flakey fish
- Organic Basil and Lemon Aioli
- 3 tsp ancho chili powder,
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper
- Warmed corn tortillas
1. Before starting this recipe, soak your cedar plank in salted water for a minimum of two hours to prevent it catching fire on the grill. Grilling fish on a wooden plank requires no flipping and renders a beautiful, fillet intact without a big grill cleanup.
2. For the Adobo seasoning, combine chili powder, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Rub a light layer of adobo seasoning mix over fish. Let stand 20 minutes for the fish to absorb the herbs.
4. Then spread a layer of Basil and Lemon Aioli over the fish and let stand 10 more minutes.
5. Heat outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
6. Place plank directly on grill rack and let cook till the fish starts to flake with a fork—about 5-8 minutes.
7. Transfer fish to platter and cut into smaller chunks.
8. Place corn tortillas in tin foil and warm on grill for about 3 minutes just before serving.