We give this spicy burrito a Mediterranean accent by using our organic Spicy Black Olive Spread, providing the heat it needs, and the intense flavor of the black olives. Our olive spread is gluten-free and all natural, as well as apt for vegetarians and vegans. This burrito is stuffed with chicken and vegetables, but substitute the chicken with beef or just sautéed vegetables for an equally satisfying result.
- 2 – 6oz. boneless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1 oz. dried sliced Porcini mushrooms
- 1 chopped scallion
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Delicious & Sons Spicy Black Olive Spread (Buy now!)
- Glaze with Delicious & Sons “Aceto di Balsamico IGP” (Buy now!)
- 2 corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- Spices: oregano, rosemary, cumin, spicy paprika, salt, and pepper
- Rehydrate the dried mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes, drain well and reserve liquid.
- Heat oil in a pan on high heat and add the onion.
- After 1 minute add the chicken and stir well to avoid burning.
- Add two tablespoons of mushroom water.
- Add spice mixture and stir.
- Mix well, and cook a couple of minutes until chicken is done. Set aside and drain any excess liquid.
- Spread Spicy Black Olive Spread generously on a corn tortilla.
- Place a few slices of Porcini mushrooms.
- Top with scallion.
- Place chicken mixture on top.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Roll tortilla into burrito.
- In a hot pan or griddle, heat burrito 2 minutes on each side, lightly toasting and allowing the cheese to melt.
- Drizzle Glaze with “Aceto de Balsamico IGP” on top and serve hot.