The key to a good Chicken parmigiana is the tomato sauce, flavorful Italian tomatoes, cooked to perfection. We add an easy dose of Mediterranean flavor to this popular dish, using our ready-to-eat Tomato Sauce with Italian Olives, which is all natural, organic, and gluten-free, and apt certified vegetarian/vegan. This recipe could also be adapted to a vegetarian/vegan version substituting the chicken for a vegetable protein such as tofu, seitan, or lentil or chickpea patties.
- 2 – 6oz. boneless chicken breasts cut into cutlets and pounded thin
- 1/4 cup Bread crumbs
- ¼ cup + 2 tblsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt & Pepper
- Delicious & Sons Tomato Sauce with Italian Olives (Buy now!)
- Mozzarella cheese, fresh thinly sliced or shredded
- Olive oil
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Mix together in a bowl the bread crumbs, ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken in the egg, shake off any excess egg, and place in the bread crumb mixture, and bread completely.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Fry in olive oil in a frying pan or bake in oven on 425º F until golden brown.
- Cover the bottom of a baking dish with the Tomato Sauce with Italian Olives.
- Place the cooked chicken cutlets on top of the sauce, cover each piece of chicken with Mozzarella a little bit of Parmesan.
- Broil in oven 5-7 minutes until sauce is bubbling and the cheese starts to brown in spots.
- Serve immediately.