- 4 beets
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 leek
- 1 white onion
- 1 potato
- 4 ¼ cups vegetable broth
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Baguette bread (or gluten-free option)
- Organic Porcini Mushroom Spread
- Wrap the beets individually with aluminum foil and, in a pre-heated oven at 375ºF, bake them for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, let cool, peel and chop.
- In a saucepan, with a little olive oil, sauté at low heat the cut leek, celery and onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, the chopped potato and the baked beets.
- Increase the heat to medium and boil for 20-25 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Pour vegetables and liquid into an electric mixer and blend for 2-3 minutes, add more water or broth if it is too thick.
- Add the olive oil and the salt at the end with the mixer still on.
- Strain in a fine mesh sieve.
For the croutons:
- Cut the bread into small squares.
- Mix in a bowl two tablespoons of Porcini Mushroom Spread and the bread until well coated.
- Place on an oven tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake the croutons at 375ºF for 10 minutes or until they are golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
15. Serve the soup hot and add the croutons on top.
You can follow Ricky on the social pages of the company and on his personal profiles: