This recipe is a real treat: egg, potato, and truffle… what more could you ask for! It’s for those who love intense flavours and the smells of the countryside.
It is as simple as a fried egg on top of mashed potatoes to which we’ve added our authentic Black Truffle & Mushroom Sauce, which is gluten-free and apt for vegetarians (and vegans).
We top off our egg with potatoes and truffle recipe with a drizzle of our Black Truffle Oil, made with extra virgin olive oil, for added intensity.
- 2 potatoes
- ¼ cream
- 2 tblsp. Delicious & Sons Black Truffle & Mushroom Sauce (Buy now!)
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 egg
- Delicious & Sons Black Truffle Oil (Buy now!)
- Sea salt
- Cut potatoes into chunks and boil in salted water until tender, around 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from water and mash with cream, salt and pepper, until smooth.
- Add Black Truffle & Mushroom Sauce and blend well. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan.
- Crack egg in oil once the oil is hot.
- Cook until desired firmness (1-3 minutes).
- Remove from oil and place on top of warm mashed potatoes.
- Drizzle on Black Truffle Oil and sea salt.
- Serve hot.