- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 handful of fresh arugula
- 3 oz of your preferred cheese cut into long matchstick slices. We will use Manchego cheese
- Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Rosso
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise into thin slabs, removing the stem.
- Brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Grill the eggplant slices on both sides on a grill pan until golden and tender with grill marks.
- Allow to cool
- Place 1 teaspoon of pesto, one slice of cheese and a pinch of arugula in the middle of each.
- Roll each, starting with the wider end of the eggplant slice.
- Enjoy at room temperature.
Erin Gleeson – The Forest Feast
Her most recent book: The Forest Feast Gatherings
Erin’s recipes have always been ideal for entertaining; now, in The Forest Feast Gatherings she offers detailed guidance for hosting casual, yet thoughtful get-togethers from start to finish with recipes that serve 6 to 8. The book offers 100 new, innovative vegetarian recipes, along with some fan favorites from the blog, arranged in a series of artfully designed menus that are tailored around specific occasions and seasons.
You can easily buy it on her website or on Amazon:
If you would like to follow her:
All photos courtesy of Erin Gleeson.