- 1 large eggplant
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- Ricota cheese
- 1 jar (18.7oz.) Organic Tomato & Italian Olive Sauce
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 430ºF.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise in thin strips.
- Paint each side with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes until tender.
- While the eggplant bake, mix together in a bowl, the ricotta, spinach, slightly cooked and strained.
- Season with nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Once cooked and tender, roll an eggplant strip with the ricotta filling.
- Cover the wraps with the tomato sauce, and top with grated cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake 20-25 until bubbling and the top is golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cristina Ferrer is a physical therapist although she is turning her passion for food into a way of life. She first learned to cook in her home kitchen as a girl, watching her mother and grandmothers prepare traditional recipes with a modern-day touch, which is where Cristina currently focuses her attention.
She uses her blog, “Yellowmandarin” and her social media platforms to encourage people to cook and help them organize themselves so that eating healthy can be easy, delicious, and without over complicating things.