- 1 egg
- Escalivada of roasted red peppers and roasted eggplant
- Black Truffle Oil
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat abundant olive oil in a small frying pan, when the oil is smoking hot, crack in the egg.
- Using a spoon, “baste” the white of the egg with the oil.
- Cook for about two minutes until the edges are crisp and the yolk still runny.
- Serve with the escalivada.
- Salt and pepper according to taste, drizzle with Black Truffle Oil and decorate with fresh parsley.
For the escalivada:
- Roast, whole, red pepper, eggplant and onion, on high heat in the oven, or on a grill, until the skin is charred on the outside.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Peel burnt skin, remove all seeds from the red pepper, and cut into strips.
- Season with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, and optionally a drop of red wine vinegar.