- 3⁄4 cup water heated to about 110°F
- 1 tsp. rice syrup or honey
- ¼ oz. active dry yeast
- ½ oz. fresh yeast
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 Greek-style yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup dried herbs
- Black Truffle Oil
- Dissolve syrup or honey and yeast in warm water.
- Let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of the yeast mixture, mix all of the ingredients in a bowl except the herbs and Truffle Oil.
- Knead the dough with your hands until smooth, add a little more flour as necessary if the dough is too moist.
- Once smooth and can made into a ball, cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a bowl, until doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- After an hour, break off small pieces of the dough and on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out each piece to a circular shape about 6” diameter and about a 1/4″ thick.
- Sprinkle with dried herbs and press into dough.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Heat a nonstick or cast iron skillet on high heat.
- Brush with a little olive, and when pan is very hot, add one of the pieces of rolled out dough, herb side up.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles start to form and flip. Cook for another minute.
- Remove from pan and continue for the remaining dough.
- With the flame still on, remove pan, and using metal tongs, place each cooked naan over the flame for another 30 seconds on each side, careful not to burn.
- Repeat for the remaining naans.
Drizzle Black Truffle Oil over each naan and serve hot.