For the Cake:
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup Coconut Greek style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Optional: 2 drops green food color
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 cups ground pistachios or mix with walnuts (approx. 6 oz. of nuts) + ¼ cup for decoration
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup sugar (powdered)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tbsp chai coconut syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F/175ºC
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar until lightened in color.
- Beat in the butter, vanilla, and yogurt. Stir in the food coloring, if using.
- Add the pistachios to a food processor and pulse until ground
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, ground pistachios, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the wet and well mixed
- Pour the batter into a buttered and floured mold such as a bundt cake or bread loaf tin
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, milk, and syrup until smooth.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake and sprinkle on some additional chopped pistachios, if desired.