- ½ cup capers
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons chilled club soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Organic Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
- To make the crispy caper garnish, add capers and ¼ cup olive oil to a small sauté pan. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly. Capers will begin to crisp after about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, club soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the green beans, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the beans are tender yet still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced basil and pour the batter evenly on top. Continue to cook until it browns on the bottom. Slide the pancake onto a plate, then invert it into the skillet and cook until browned on the second side.
- Slide onto a plate and cut. Slather with the Sun-Dried Tomato spread. Garnish with crispy capers.