- 8 cannelloni pastry sheets (with or without gluten)
- 9 oz. ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Black Truffle Sauce
- 400ml béchamel sauce
For the truffle béchamel sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp. flour
- 1 ½ tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the cannelloni according to its indications, drain, dry, and reserve.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat and add the onion and garlic, both finely chopped.
- Cook for a few minutes until cooked through but do not take on color.
- Add the ground beef, mix well, and cook until done.
- Remove from stove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain well, and season with for salt and pepper.
- Fill each cannelloni evenly with the meat mixture and gently roll each one closed.
- In a baking dish, cover the bottom with a thin layer of truffle béchamel sauce, and place the cannelloni on top.
- Cover the cannelloni with the rest of the truffle béchamel sauce.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes until the sauce start to bubble.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
For the truffle bechamel sauce:
- Prepare a roux: in a saucepan on low-medium heat, melt butter in a sauce pan and once melted add flour
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture takes on a smooth, liquid paste-like texture, and should be golden brown in color. About 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk.
- Add 1/4 of the milk and let boil for 30 seconds, and then mix vigorously.
- Slowly add the rest of the liquid mixing until well blended.
- Add a teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Black Truffle Sauce and mix well.
- Let simmer for 3 more minutes on low heat careful not to let the bottom burn.