- 8 oz. ground beef
- 8 oz. ground chicken breast
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1 tbsp of sweet mustard
- Organic Artichoke Spread
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Paprika and chopped chives for decoration
For the bechamel sauce:
Any standard recipe for bechamel but with the following changes:
- Extra virgin olive oil instead of butter
- Whole wheat instead of regular flour
- Almond milk instead of regular milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare the bechamel sauce.
- In a large frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until golden.
- Add the raisins and splash of water so they hydrate while they cook.
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, and the mustard, mixing well.
- Cook the meat, combining well with the other ingredients in the pan, until just cooked through. Remove from heat when cooked.
- In a rectangular oven mold, add in layers: bechamel, then meat mixture, spread Artichoke Spread on top. Repeat for at least two layers, and finish with bechamel and the Parmesan shavings.
- Cook for 20 minutes in the oven until golden.
- Remove from oven, decorate with paprika and chives and serve hot.