For the fish broth:
- Monkfish head and bones
- Rock fishbones
For the rice:
- Rice type “bomba”
- Red pepper in strips
- Onion finely chopped
- Organic Tomato and Italian Olive Sauce
- Garlic gloves peeled and whole
- Organic Saffron and Orange Aioli
For the broth:
- In a large sauce pan, heat water with the peeled and chopped vegetables and bring to a boil.
- When it starts to boil add the fish bones and fish parts. Boil for about 40 minutes at medium heat. While cooking remove the foam that rises to the top and with a spoon break apart the bones to take extract the maximum amount of flavor.
- After 40 minutes, strain the broth and reserve.
For the rice:
- Heat a shallow wide sauce pan or paella pan with olive oil and 2 garlic gloves, when they turn golden brown cook the crayfish on both sides, remove and set aside.
- In the same pan cook the peppers and the peas for 5 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the onions with the tomato sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice to the tomato mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fish broth (for each cup of rice add 3 cups of broth) and let it simmer on low to medium heat until the rice is al dente. About 15 minutes depending on the rice.
- A few minutes before the rice is completely done, add the vegetables and the crayfish on top of the rice.
- When serving accompany with Saffron and Orange Aioli for an aromatic touch.
Note: If a more stewed rice is desired simply add more broth in the mixture.