- Long grain rice
- 8oz Organic Tomato and Italian Olive Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ white onion
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Vegetable broth
- 1 carrot small diced
- 4 oz peas (fresh or frozen)
- Olive oil
- In an electric blender, mix the tomato sauce, onion, garlic cloves, and turmeric.
- In a deep-frying pan or large sauce pan, sauté the rice in olive oil until transparent (similar to a risotto).
- Add the blended tomato mixture to the rice in the pan, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth (usually 3 times the volume of amount of rice but depends on rice variety cooking instructions).
- After 5 minutes, add the carrots and peas.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Accompany with steamed vegetables or any fish, chicken or meat dish.