This mushroom wine sauce will surprise and delight even the most demanding palates, with just two ingredients and in less than five minutes. This sauce is intense, creamy, luxurious, aromatic, and bursting with flavor, and combines well with steak like in this recipe but also can be used with many other dishes from vegetables to pork.
We use our all natural, organic, gluten-free Porcini Mushroom Spread as a base, made with extra virgin olive oil and authentic Italian Porcini Mushrooms and mix it with red wine and then reduce the whole mixture. The better the wine the better the sauce, however a standard red wine will produce a good result.
- 6.35oz Organic Porcini Mushroom Spread
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Salt and pepper
- In a small sauce pan on medium heat pour the Porcini Mushroom Spread and stir.
- Add the red wine little by little, constantly stirring until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Serve hot over meat, vegetables, and potatoes.
NOTE: Before serving, for added flavor mix in any leftover juices from the cooked meat, including for example cooked pieces of onions or vegetables if making a roast.