Artisan egg pasta, wide pappardelle, cooked to perfection al dente, with our hearty Tomato & Porcini Mushroom Sauce. The longest and hardest part of this dish is waiting for the water to boil.
Our Tomato & Porcini Mushroom Sauce is organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and apt for both vegetarians and vegans.
- Pappardelle Paglia e Fieno (3.50z. dry pasta per person)
- 1 quart of water + 2 tsp. of salt, per 3.5oz. of pasta.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil and black olives as decoration
- Cook the pasta according to its instructions in boiling salted water.
- Heat the pasta sauce in a sauce pan, while the water comes to a boil and the pasta cooks.
- Strain the pasta (do not rinse with water) and toss with extra virgin olive oil until just coated.
- Spoon the hot tomato sauce on top of the still warm pasta, and serve immediately.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Accompany with fresh grated parmesan.
- Decorate with fresh basil leaves and black olives (optional).