- Pasta (spaghetti, bucatini or fettucine)
- Guanciale or bacon
- 3 Egg yolks
- Organic Artichoke Spread
- 3oz Grated parmesan cheese
- Oregano, salt, and pepper
- Fresh parsley or basil to decorate
- Bring large pot with salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- Cut the guanciale or bacon into small pieces.
- In a large pan cook until the guanciale until crispy, and remove from heat.
- Once boiling, cook the pasta to al dente according to its indications.
- While the pasta cooks, mix together in a bowl, the egg yolks, parmesan cheese, and Artichoke Spread.
- Return the pan with the guanciale and its fat to medium heat and add the pasta immediately strained once cooked and toss to mix well.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the water the pasta was cooked into the egg yolk mixture, blend well, and add to the pasta.
- Toss until well coated for about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with oregano, freshly ground black pepper and salt as needed.
- Serve immediately and decorate with leaves of fresh parsley or basil.