- 1 lb. dried pasta fusili (with or without gluten)
- 10 oz. fresh peas
- Delicious & Sons Organic Basil Pesto Genovese
- 1 red onion
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Walnuts in pieces and pine nuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Cook pasta according to its indications on packaging. Set aside and cool in refrigerator.
2. Steam the peas until al dente. Set aside and cool in refrigerator.
3. Chop the onion in thin slices.
4. Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves.
5. Slice the yellow pepper in thin strips.
6. Mix all of the above ingredients in a salad bowl along with the walnuts and pine nuts.
7. In a small mixing bowl, blend together the Organic Basil Pesto Genovese with the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of water and a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil until desired consistency.
8. Toss the salad with the dressing until well coated.
9. Decorate with fresh basil leaves and parmesan cheese shavings and serve chilled.
Alberto Rey, journalist, cultural critic, and writer, is educated, extremely well-traveled, refined, and tenacious. Alberto maintains a blog “Asesino en Serie” for El Mundo, where he picks apart series and movies from all around the world. He also collaborates with GQ, Esquire, la Cadena SER, RTVE, Movistar+, Onda Cero, and Canal Plus, as well as with institutes such as the Universitat Pompeu i Fabra, or the Universidad Internacional de Catalunya. He is a member of the jury of the Vitoria Television Festival.
There are many ways to follow Alberto, here are a few:
His blog: “Asesino en Serie”: http://www.elmundo.es/blogs/elmundo/asesinoenserie/