- 3/4 cup sugar (preferably brown sugar)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup (maple syrup or liquid caramel)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. butter
- 8 oz. shelled pecans
- 10 oz. pie crust
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF
- Roll out pie crust and extend pie crust over pie pan, cut off extra dough and leaving 1/2” over hang and press onto pie pan.
- Prick base of pie crust all over with fork and chill for 30-40 minutes (10-15 in freezer)
- In a small saucepan on low heat, melt butter and stir in sugar and syrup. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and add vanilla.
- Slowly incorporate the syrup mixtue into the eggs and mix well.
- In chilled pie crust, spread pecans evenly over the base, and pour over liquid batter.
- Bake in oven 50 minutes to an hour until pie is set.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream optional.