- 1 duck breast with skin or plant-based protein for a vegan recipe
- 4 tbsp 5-spice blend (cloves, ginger, anise, cinnamon, pepper)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 spring onion
- Pre-made pancakes (frozen)
For the Mediterranean Hoisin Sauce
- 3 tbsp Organic Sweet Black Olive Spread
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Rub duck breast with 5-spice blend and let sit at least 1 hour and up to night before.
- Roast in over at 180ºC for 30-45 minutes, until the skin is golden and the meat cooked through.
- Remove from oven
- While the duck is cooking, peel, remove seeds, and thinly slice the cucumber into strips
- Thinly slice the spring onion
- Steam or the heat the pancakes to serve warm
- Thinly slice the cooked duck, and serve with pancakes, cucumber, onion, and Olive-Hoisin Sauce.
For The Mediterranean Hoisin Sauce
- In a small bowl mix the Sweet Black Olive Spread with soy sauce
- Add the garlic powder and the sesame oil
- Mix well, cover with transparent film, and set aside in the refrigerator.