With a high fiber and protein content, rich in omega acids, helps control cholesterol, and in pure form is gluten-free, quinoa is without a doubt the “superfood” of choice these days.
Easy to make, eaten hot or cold, quinoa combines perfectly with fresh vegetables. In this recipe we make a pesto quinoa salad using raw vegetables and our delicious organic, gluten-free Sun-Dried tomato pesto rosso.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ thinly sliced red onion
- 2 carrots diced
- 3oz. broccoli in small florets
- 2 tblsp. Delicious & Sons Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Rosso (Buy now!)
- 1 tblsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tblsp. extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl add the quinoa, onion, carrots, and broccoli.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a separate bowl add the Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Rosso, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and blend.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss well.