- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz flour
- 11/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6oz sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
For the frosting:
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp warm water
- Heat the oven at 360ºF.
- Prepare a rectangular loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs and the sugar.
- Add the pumpkin and blend well.
- Add the oil and mix.
- Sift the flour and add the baking powder with the spices and the salt.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well until a batter is formed.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 20-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Prepare the frosting by mixing the water to the sugar little by little until desired texture.
- Remove the pumpkin bread from the mold once cooled.
- Drizzle on the cooled loaf and let harden.
- Slice and serve.