- 1 cup rice flour
- 4/5 cup buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- Organic Spicy Black Olive Spread
- Organic Garlic Aioli with Basil & Lemon
For a non gluten-free recipe, substitute the different flours for 2 ½ cups of wheat flour.
- Preheat oven to 330ºF
- Mix all the dry ingredients
- In an electric mixer, mix the dry ingredients with the cold butter cut into small cubes, and the olive oil.
- The mixture should be mealy in small clumps.
- With the machine still on, add the milk slowly until the dough is formed.
- Make into a ball and cover with film, let sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, separate the dough in half.
- In one half knead in 1 tablespoon of Spicy Black Olive Spread until well blended.
- Do the same with the other half and with the Garlic Aioli with Basil & Lemon.
- Flour a countertop or cutting board and a rolling pin, and roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick
- With a pastry brush, paint a thin layer of the same Spread or Aioli that you kneaded into that half of the dough.
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutter as desired or simply cut into squares.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with oven paper or a silicone mat.
- Repeat with the other half of dough, flour, roll out, paint, and cut out shapes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove, let cool, and serve at room temperature.