We all know hummus as a great dip, appetizer, snack or to accompany dishes from falafel to chicken to lamb, but it’s also a great way to introduce kids to chickpeas. It can be a very healthy snack as well using cut vegetables such as carrots for dipping instead of crackers or bread.
With our sun-dried tomato hummus we give traditional hummus an Italian sophistication, in both color and aroma, adding our all natural, organic Sun-Dried Tomato Spread, made with extra virgin olive oil, and is also gluten-free and apt for vegetarians and vegans.
- 1 cup cooked and drained chickpeas
- ½ cup tahini
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tbsp. Organic Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
- Olive oil
- Parsley and paprika for decoration
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a blender.
- Add water slowly as needed until desired smooth texture.
- Correct with salt if necessary.
- Decorate with parsley and paprika as desired.