We give the traditional teriyaki tuna recipe a Mediterranean twist by using our organic Sweet Black Olive Spread, to provide the necessary sweetness, and a smooth, subtle texture. Our olive spread is made with extra virgin olive oil, and is gluten-free, all natural, and apt for vegans. This marinade also works well with salmon, chicken, and vegetables. You can make the recipe vegan replacing the tuna with any plant-based protein of your choice.
- 1 – 6oz. tuna steak or any plant-based protein
- 2 tblsp Organic Sweet Black Olive Spread
- 2 tblsp. soy sauce
- 1 tblsp. sesame oil
- Sesame seeds (black, white or mixed)
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- Mix the Sweet Black Olive Spread, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and ginger in a bowl.
- Marinate the tuna or plant-based protein coating all sides, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 8 hours.
- Cook on high heat on a pan or griddle, or broil in the oven, two minutes on each side.
- Slice and serve warm.