For the curry paste:
- 2 green peppers
- 1 shallot / spring onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of 2-inch fresh ginger chopped
- 2 tbsp Organic Basil Pesto Genovese
- 1 lime – juiced and zest
- Curry powder
- Spicy chili flakes to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 14oz diced chicken breast or tofu
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 7oz green beans
- 5oz fresh spinach sliced
- 2 ¼ cups coconut milk
1. In an electric mixer, mix all the ingredients of the curry paste together until well blended and no lumps.
2. Salt and pepper the chicken.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté the chicken or tofu until it is almost done. Remove from the pan and put aside.
4. In the same pan, with a little more oil, add the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes, careful not to burn the curry paste.
5. Add the coconut milk and stir well until everything is blended.
6. When it begins to boil, add the pepper, carrot, zucchini and green beans.
7. Simmer for about 15 minutes over low heat.
8. Add the chicken or tofu and spinach and cook for 5 more minutes.
9. Serve hot with jasmine or other type of rice.