- 2 crusty baguettes
- 5 oz. celery
- 10 oz. carrots
- 10 oz. onion
- Fresh sage leaves
- Fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 ½ – 3 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tbsps. Organic Artichoke Spread
- Cut the bread into small cubes and dry out for 2 days until hard
- Finely chop the celery, onion, and carrots.
- In a large pot, sauté the celery, onions, and carrots in olive oil on medium heat until transparent and cooked through but not browned. 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chopped fresh herbs and mix.
- Add the bread cubes and mix well.
- In a bowl or sauce pan, blend well the Artichoke Spread with the stock until blended.
- Add half the stock and mix.
- Continue adding the stock until the mixture is humid but without liquid at the bottom of the pan.
- Adjust for salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking dish or roasting pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400ºF for about 45 minutes until golden brown and has dried out. (if the top starts to brown to early lower the heat).
- Serve hot.
May be made ahead of time and re-heated before serving.
Gluten-free alternative: use gluten free bread such as a buckwheat bread found here.