- 2 lbs. potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Cut potatoes into medium size pieces and boil with peeled garlic cloves in abundant water until tender, about 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, in a small sauce pan heat milk, butter, rosemary, and thyme, just until boils, then turn off heat and let sit.
- Strain and return to pot over low heat for 2 minutes to dry out excess moisture.
- While still hot, mash potatoes and garlic with a hand mashed or food mill.
- Strain the milk mixture and pour half into potatoes and blend well until smooth.
- Slowly mix in the remaining liquid until smooth.
- Adjust for salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
If you want to make ahead of time, reserve half of the milk mixture, and re-heat potatoes mixing hot milk mixture until smooth.