- 2lbs. Potatoes
- Smoked bacon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Black Truffle and Mushroom Sauce
- 1/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cups whole milk
- Grated Gruyere cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 340ºF.
2. Cut the potatoes into thin slices, with or without skin and do not wash after cutting.
3. Dice the bacon and sauté in a small saucepan until crispy.
4. In the same saucepan, heat the cream with a garlic clove and the rosemary until it just boils.
5. Remove from heat and add the Black Truffle and Mushroom Sauce. Mix well and let it infuse for 10 minutes.
6. In a baking pan rub the base and sides with the other garlic clove.
7. Remove the rosemary and garlic clove from the milk mixture.
8. Cover the base of the baking pan with a thin layer of liquid mixture.
9. Overlap slices of potatoes to cover the whole base of the pan, and season with salt and pepper.
10. Cover with spoonful of more liquid and add another layer of overlapping potato slices.
11. Repeat the process until 2 or 3 layers of potato and cream.
12. Cover the last cream layer with the grated Gruyere cheese.
13. Bake 40-50 minutes until golden brown and the potatoes are cooked through.