For the sauce:
- 6oz Tomato Sauce with Italian Olives
- 3 tbs Soy sauce
- 1 tbs Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbs Sesame oil
- 1 tbs Cornstarch
- 2 red tomatoes chopped
- 1 broccoli head, cut into pieces
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-piece 2-inch fresh minced ginger
- 7oz Thin Rice noodles
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the sauce except the cornstarch and water.
- In a glass or small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch with a little warm water, mix well and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and a tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok or pan, when hot, add the garlic and ginger.
- Sauté for one minute, do not let it toast or burn.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and stir well.
- Add the tomato sauce and soy sauce mixture and stir well.
- After a couple of minutes, add the mixture of cornstarch and water and stir well, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Continue to cook a few minutes until the vegetables are cooked “al dente”.
- While the vegetables are cooking, heat olive oil in a large pot or fryer.
- When the oil is hot, add the rice noodles.
- They will puff up instantly, remove from oil and place on paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Serve immediately, with the crispy rice noodles as the base on the plate and pour the vegetable stir fry and sauce over the noodles.