- 7oz Shiitake mushrooms (dried are an option)
- 1 scallion
- 1 carrot
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 piece of ginger
- 2 tbsp Black Truffle and Mushrooms Sauce
- 12 Dumpling dough (unfroze)
- White sesame seeds to decorate
- Fresh chives for decoration
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Soy sauce ingredients:
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Black Truffle Oil
- If you use dried shiitake mushrooms, cover them in hot water until they are soft.
- Strain them well and reserve the water.
- Chop the mushrooms, the onion and the carrot.
- Cut the garlic and ginger as small as possible or grate them with a fine grater.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan, add the ginger and garlic and sauté for about 20 seconds.
- Add the onion and carrot, and let it cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and strain well removing the excess liquid with a fine mesh.
- Put the vegetables in a small bowl with the Black Truffle and Mushrooms Sauce and mix everything well and evenly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl and let it cool in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- With a spoon, take the vegetable mixture from the bowl and place it on the Dumpling dough on top of the palm of the hand.
- Moisten with fingers one of the two edges of the dough with hot water.
- Fold the dough over the filling and seal it firmly.
- Put the base of the Dumplings flat so that it sits correctly.
- In a pan or griddle, heat olive oil and add the Dumplings with the flat part at the base of the pan.
- After 3-5 minutes, when the base of the Dumplings is toasted, add a bit of reserved mushroom water or normal water and cover the pan with a lid immediately.
- Steam the Dumplings while the water evaporates, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow the remaining steam and water to evaporate and remove the Dumplings.
- For the sauce, mix the soy sauce with the Black Truffle oil.
- Decorate the soy sauce with the sesame seeds and the Dumplings with the chopped chives.
- Serve the Dumplings hot with soy sauce.
Note: The Dumplings can be prepared without cooking one day in advance, covering them well and refrigerating them. They also stay well frozen.