- 1 cauliflower
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 chili
- Lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Toasted hazelnuts
- Dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons of Organic Eggplant Spread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
For the salad:
- Grate the cauliflower in a blender or with a grater.
- In a pan wit ha Little olive oil, sautee the garlic clove, chili, and thinly sliced shallot.
- Once tender, add the cauliflower and cook for several minutes until done.
- Ad done teaspoon of cumin, lemon zest and juice, cranberries, raisins, and hazelnuts.
- Continue to cook for several more minutes and remove from heat.
- Add diced parsley and mint.
For the dressing:
- Blend 3 tablespoons of Eggplant Spread with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Toss the salad with the dressing and enjoy!
Cristina Ferrer is a physical therapist although she is turning her passion for food into a way of life. She first learned to cook in her home kitchen as a girl, watching her mother and grandmothers prepare traditional recipes with a modern-day touch, which is where Cristina currently focuses her attention.
She uses her blog, “Yellowmandarin” and her social media platforms to encourage people to cook and help them organize themselves so that eating healthy can be easy, delicious, and without over complicating things.