Join us, join WE CARE by Delicious & Sons.
Help us raise awareness about the pollution that is choking our beloved Mediterranean: beaches and seas full of garbage, more or less visible, but that is undoubtedly there. Let’s take care of this wonderful Mediterranean that gives us so much: it feeds us, entertains us, brings us peace, and adventures…
Last year we collected over 80lbs. of garbage in just 1 hour. Unfortunately, we will certainly break that record this year!
Join us for another year Cleaning the Mediterranean! This year registration is limited to 120 people, so please don’t delay signing up. We will close registration when we reach this limit and will not be able to accept anyone who has not registered. Due to COVID_19 we will have a strict control protocol for entering the beach.
And don’t forget to wear a mask!
September 19, 2020 at 9:30h (World Cleanup Day)
Port Pelegrí Beach
Calella de Palafrugell – Costa Brava – Girona – Spain
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!
Or write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We need volunteers to: clean the beach, boys and girls who want to clean the surface of the sea on paddle boards, and certified divers who want to clean the seafloor.
- At 9:30am we will greet all volunteers and provide gloves, bags and a very cool organic cotton t-shirt we have designed for the cleanup.
- Around 10am the cleanup will begin, in groups of no more than 10 people each who will be accompanied by a volunteer from the organization.
- We will collect garbage for about an hour, along the rocks and the beach.
- At 10am, the girls and boys who signed up will also go out in paddle board, each one carrying the cleanup tool designed by Olivia Mandle, a 13-year-old activist. This tool, called “Jelly Cleaner”, cleans microplastics from the surface of the sea. All the kids who join Olivia on paddle board will get their own “Jelly Cleaner” as a gift. The “Jelly Cleaner” is made from recycled materials that we all have at home.
- Also at 10am, the volunteer scuba divers who, together with our friends from Poseidon Diving will head out by boat to clean the seabed.
- As the garbage is collected in the bags we have provided, we will empty and separate it in the large collection area. At the end of the cleanup we will weigh all the garbage everyone has collected.
- To quench your thirst, there’ll be amazing Kombucha by Teresa Carles and “500 Drops” water by Sant Aniol, in their innovate recycled plastic bottles.
- To finish and as a thank you to all volunteers, a super cool bag awaits you loaded with goodies from organic brands such as: Veritas, Alemany Honey, Careli, Hemper, Zizzz, and Delicious & Sons.
For those of you looking for accommodation in the area, the Hotel Mediterrani, located right on the same beach as the cleanup, has generously supported us by offering a special price. Contact Lluis directly at the hotel and tell him that you are part of the Delicious & Sons Cleanup.
For scuba divers interested in cleaning the seabed, please send an email to email@example.com and we will put you in contact with Poseidon Diving in Calella de Palafrugell.
We appreciate the help of the Local Police to ensure the safety of all the volunteers and staff.
Thank you to the Palafrugell City Council and the Environmental team: Ruth and Sergi.
Thank you to Veritas for supporting us again this year.
Thank you to the brands who provide health and organic refreshment during the cleanup:
Thank you to all the brands that fill our organic WE CARE bag this year with meaning:
Thank you to Custom Sailing Costa Brava and Miki Puig for letting us use his space for the organization.
Thank you to Restaurante Fiego for joining us again this year:
Our cleanup is part of two very powerful initiatives: the Ocean Conservancy’s ˝2020 International Coastal Cleanup (ICC)” and the European Union’s: Let’s Clean Up Europe!