- 12 oz. Buckwheat groats
- 5 oz. Raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup mineral water + water for soaking
- Soak the buckwheat groats in water 4-5 hours, make sure they are completely covered with water.
- Strain the groats and in an electric blender combine the groats, sunflower seeds, salt, and water. It doesn’t have to be a very fine paste.
- Transfer to a glass bowl (not metallic), and let sit 24-48 hours at room temperature.
- The dough will have fermented when it has grown in size and/or bubbles start to form.
- Line a plumcake mold with parchment paper and fill with the dough.
- Decorate the top as desired with seeds such as pumpkin or sunflower, sesame seeds, pine nuts, or dried fruits.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 355ºF 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and remove from mold.
This bread is is perfect as is, toasted, or even frozen to be consumed at a later date.
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.