- 4 beets
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 leek
- 1 white onion
- 1 potato
- 4 ¼ cups vegetable broth
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Baguette bread (or gluten-free option)
- Organic Porcini Mushroom Spread
- Wrap the beets individually with aluminum foil and, in a pre-heated oven at 375ºF, bake them for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, let cool, peel and chop.
- In a saucepan, with a little olive oil, sauté at low heat the cut leek, celery and onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, the chopped potato and the baked beets.
- Increase the heat to medium and boil for 20-25 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Pour vegetables and liquid into an electric mixer and blend for 2-3 minutes, add more water or broth if it is too thick.
- Add the olive oil and the salt at the end with the mixer still on.
- Strain in a fine mesh sieve.
For the croutons:
- Cut the bread into small squares.
- Mix in a bowl two tablespoons of Porcini Mushroom Spread and the bread until well coated.
- Place on an oven tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake the croutons at 375ºF for 10 minutes or until they are golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool.