- 1⁄2 lb. potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala or curry powder
- 1 tbsp Organic Saffron & Orange Aioli
- 1 onion grated
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 cup peas
- 12 Empanada or wonton skins/wrappers (or puff pastry or phylo dough)
- Boil potatoes and carrots in salted water until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Strain and coarsely mash together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat cumin in olive oil on medium heat until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and ginger, mix, and sauté about 2 minutes, careful not to let burn.
- Turn off heat and add the garam masala and mix well.
- Add to the potato and carrot mixture along with the aioli and peas and mix well.
- Adjust for salt.
- Fill one wrapper
- Add a small teaspoon of the vegetable mixture to the middle of a round of dough, wet along the edges, and fold into a triangle shape. (try making a cone shape, add the filling and close along the top).
- Repeat for the remaining mixture and dough.
- Fry in olive oil in a pan until golden and crispy on all sides.
- Set on a plate with paper towel to remove excess oil from frying
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.