- 8 cannelloni pastry sheets (with or without gluten)
- 14 oz. raw spinach
- 2 oz. raisins
- 2 oz. pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Black Truffle Sauce
- 400ml béchamel sauce
For the truffle béchamel sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp. flour
- 1 ½ tbsp. oliva oil o vegetable margerine
- 1 ½ cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cook the cannelloni according to its indications, drain, dry, and reserve.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat and add the garlic clove cut in half.
- Toast the garlic clove in the oil, infusing the oil with the garlic flavor.
- Add the raisins and pine nuts, toast the pine nuts 1 minute, careful not to let them burn.
- Add the spinach and mix well. Cook for a few minutes until the spinach is just cooked through.
- Remove from stove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain well, remove the two garlic clove halves, and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each cannelloni evenly with the spinach mixture and gently roll each one closed.
- In a baking dish, cover the bottom with a thin layer of truffle béchamel sauce, and place the cannelloni on top.
- Cover the cannelloni with the rest of the truffle béchamel sauce.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
For the truffle béchamel sauce:
- Prepare a roux: in a saucepan on low-medium heat, melt margerine or pour in olive oil in a sauce pan and once melted add flour
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the mixture takes on a smooth, liquid paste-like texture, and should be golden brown in color. About 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the plant-based milk.
- Add 1/4 of the milk and let boil for 30 seconds, and then mix vigorously.
- Slowly add the rest of the liquid mixture until well blended.
- Add a teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Black Truffle Sauce and mix well.
- Let simmer for 3 more minutes on low heat careful not to let the bottom burn.