- 1 ¼ cups / 250g dried chickpeas
- ½ onion
- 2 tbsp Organic Garlic Aioli with Basil & Lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- Olive oil for frying
- Soak the chickpeas over night or at least 8 hours
- Strain the chickpeas and combine in a bowl the soaked chickpeas with the onion, aioli, parsley, cilantro, cumin, and coriander.
- Pulse in a food processor in batches until finely chopped but not a paste.
- Return to a bowl and combine with baking powder, water, and gluten-free flour.
- Mix well, with hands, until well combined and adjust for salt.
- Set aside in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil for frying
- Remove falafel batter from fridge and form into small balls or desired shape, an ice-cream scoop works well.
- Fry until golden on all sides.
- Strain excess oil on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve hot.
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.