- 1 round puff pastry dough
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup butter softened (or 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. of oil)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs (2/4 cups of chickpea flour + 2/4 cups of water to make the recipe vegan)
- 1 egg for egg wash (or plant-based milk)
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- ¼ cup Calvados (or substitute with Baileys, Kahlua or other flavored liquor)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Ground Cinnamon
- Balsamic Glaze
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 340ºF.
- Cream butter (or oil) and sugar in mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time (if you are going for the vegan option, add 1/4 cup of chickpea flour and 1/4 cup of water at a time)
- Add the ground almonds, liquor, and vanilla extract.
- Blend well for 2-3 minutes.
- Peel and core the apple. Cut into thin slices.
- Spread the chilled puff pastry dough into a pie dish.
- Fill the pie crust with the almond mixture and smooth out the top.
- Decoratively place the apple slices on top.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Paint the outer crust with egg wash or with plant-based milk.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 1 hour, or until the apples are golden and the almond mixture is cooked through (a toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with Balsamic Glaze.
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.