- 1 pumpkin
- 1L vegetable stock
- 2 carrots
- 1 apple
- 1 onion or leek
- 1 tbsp. Sized cube of ginger
- 3 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Sliced Whole wheat bread
- Organic Basil Pesto Genovese
- Pre-heat oven to to 390ºF.
- Peel and cut the pumpkin in half and remove the sedes (roast the seeds with aioli in this recipe).
- Cut the pumpkin in cubes.
- Peel and cube the carrots.
- Peel, core and cut the apple into cubes.
- Mix the pumpkin, carrots, and apple with the extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven on a baking sheet for 45-50 minutes until they are golden and cooked through, but not burned. Remove from oven.
- In a large pot, saute the onion or leek and ginger and until cooked through in a little olive oil.
- Add the cooked pumpkin, carrot, and apple, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add salt as desired.
- Blend in an electric blender until a smooth texture is reached.
- Add a stream of extra virigin olive oil through the top hole of the blender while still on right at the end.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Toast the whole wheat bread and spread the Basil Pesto Genovese on generously.
- Serve hot accompanied with the basil pesto toast.
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.