1. In an electric blender, puree 200g lentils, garlic, onion, mustard, cumin, turmeric, and spicy paprika.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the rest of the lentils, finely grated tofu, gluten-free breadcrumbs, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Mix well and form into hamburger patties
4. Fry in a pan with a little olive oil until golden on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
5. Serve on a toasted bun with Organic Garlic Aioli Basil & Lemon, pickled red onions, and mâche salad dressed with Black Truffle Oil.
Born in Sao Paolo, Sergi was cooking paellas with his father at the early age of 2 and devouring turrón under the 90ºF heat of his native Brazil. He came to Catalonia at the age of 8 and never stopped cooking cakes and pies alongside his mother, and experimenting in the family kitchen.
The pastry world is his eternal love, which combines perfectly with his other passion: the sea. When on top of his kitesurf board he releases all of his energy which later translates into a state of pure creativity. Sergi is professory of the culinary arts at CETT of the Universitat de Barcelona.