Vegetable tempura is a healthy appetizer and an enjoyable way to get in your daily servings of veggies. We make this dish all the time and our kids love it, it’s a fun and easy way for them to eat their vegetables. We add a twist on the recipe by accompanying the tempura with three tasty, ready-to-eat dipping sauces instead of just your basic soy sauce.
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup flour
- 2/3 cup ice cold water
- Oil for frying
- Cut broccoli into medium florets.
- Cut carrots into flat, wide, thin strips.
- Cut zucchini in long strips.
- Cut mushrooms in quarters.
- Heat frying oil, preferably olive oil, in a fryer or in a medium sauce pan.
- For the batter, in a bowl, mix the egg yolk and ice cold water, add the flour and mix lightly. There should still be lumps in the batter. (the batter should be made right before frying when the ingredients are prepared and the oil is hot).
- Dry the ingredients with paper towel before dipping them in the tempura batter.
- Shake off excess batter and fry in oil until golden.
- Serve warm with three dipping sauces.
This site is registered on wpml.org as a development site.